The Hawaii Catholic Herald has seen its share of “new” things in the last several months. A new Hawaii saint in October. A new pope in March …
And now we can add to that list a new HCH website!
We know how much of a beloved resource HawaiiCatholicHerald.com has been for article archives and digital sharing of our latest HCH stories. A server crash — which we still aren’t aware of its cause — unfortunately resulted in the loss of virtually all of our web data last year. After a little bit of work, however, we’ve finally got the domain up and running again.
Thanks to all of our readers who continually kept tabs on the website and waited patiently for its return!
Here’s a look at some of the new features available at HawaiiCatholicHerald.com:
The Main Page:
- A rotating “photo-slider” showcases four of the featured stories in the latest HCH edition. Clicking on the titles in the photo-slider will take you to the full text of the article.
- The latest HCH stories are listed with excerpts in the main content area.
- Check out video reports by Catholic News Service in the sidebar. These are updated daily, and are chock-full of information on what’s going on at the Vatican, in other U.S. dioceses and around the world.
- At the top of the page are links to article archives sorted by category.
Scroll down to the bottom of the main page, and you’ll find our most recent Manaolana headlines in the green featured area.
The “widget” sidebar:
- Links to the day’s stories from Catholic News Service are regularly updated.
- Download our “Parish and School News” pages in PDF format.
- Click on the link to our HCH “e-Edition,” where you can view the entire Herald newspaper in digital format.
- Our social media widgets … don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and here on WordPress!
Highlighted in a red circle in the above photo is the byline of all our authors. Clicking on each author’s name will lead you to an archive listing of all of his or her posts.
And you can subscribe to the Herald online! Under the “Subscriptions” link in the top navigation bar, there are online forms you can quickly fill out in order to receive the HCH print edition. (You can also fill out a form for gift subscriptions to be sent to friends and relatives.)
There are dozens of other neat features on our new site, so please stop by and take a look. Bookmark the page or subscribe to e-mail updates to stay connected.
And let us know what you think of the site!